The Cobra SPX 5300 has been in the market for some time now, but that hasn’t stopped it from being still relevant in the market. Thought the SPX 5300 has survived in the market for some time now, but it always has lacked the fire-power to perform as well as its other competitors. The SPX 5300 is not as good in terms of quality as seen in most others radar detectors from Cobra. The performance has also been far from impressive and fails to match other radar detectors in its price segment.
- Ultra-low-noise, signal amplifiers that once were affordable only to military systems
- Low-microwave-loss circuitry utilizing gold-plated circuit boards
- Use of flip-chip Mixer/Multiplier diodes in packages that were once unattainable
- First Local Oscillator Transistor (Super-low-noise, high-mobility J-FET) that has been chosen to optimize signal gain, output power, and low noise characteristics over its frequency range
- Powerful CPU that enables sweeping of the entire police radar band spectrum in less than 240 milliseconds
The Cobra SPX 5300 comes with an Xtreme Range Superheterodyne Technology. Inside this technology is ultra quick circuitry. This circuitry provides users with an increased range of detection and an impressive warning against the best radar guns. Though it sounds like a great feature to have, however, it seems not to function that well, and there have been some complaints in this regard.
Another great feature of the SPX 5300 by Cobra Electronics is the IntelleMute function that also has a Pro version. IntelleMute was designed to significantly decrease the number of false alarms using a speed sensing system. Speaking of the speed sensing system, the IntelleMute Pro uses the same speed sensing system used by other high-end radar detectors. This makes the radar detector virtually invisible to radar detector detectors in use today.
Aside from this, Cobra Electronics SPX 5300 radar detector include LaserEye that detects laser signals in all directions. This protects the users from all 360-degree angles. The radar for detecting a particular band displays it with an icon on the screen. It also displays a digital signal strength meter which gives users an idea of distance/location of the radar.
The Cobra Electronics SPX 5300 radar detector through a decent radar detector it should nowhere be your go-to option. The radar detector over the years got some complaints. It has also received a fair number of bad reviews. The SPX 5300 should be only considered as an option if you do not travel much. Also, the SPX 5300 can be regarded as a decent choice if you are looking for a detector for your daily local commutes.